Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Concert Prep

I'm getting myself pumped up for the concerts I'm attending at the end of the month. Both concerts I'm attending will be at my favorite place for outdoor music, the Hollywood Bowl. Yaaay picnics.

REM, Modest Mouse, The National - May 29
The Cure - May 31
Radiohead in August (we'll save that excitement for later)


Here are some highlights from my foraging:

REM
At My Most Beautiful


REM - Be Mine (feat. Thom Yorke)

Thom Yorke is awesome...



THE NATIONAL
Relatively new to my Likes list, they are more the reason why I wanted to attend this H-bowl show. Though REM and Modest Mouse are no small beans.
NPR story
Fake Empire - Letterman appearance


The National - Mistaken for Strangers




MODEST MOUSE
My favorite album is Good News for People Who Love Bad News and I saw them perform in Santa Barbara when they toured it. I decided at that time that the band is better in studio.
Here's one of my favorites-- The View Someone made a video for this song... it's pretty cool.
Other songs I like on this album: Float On and Ocean Breathes Salty

From the new album: We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
Missed the Boat
I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this song live. Would be great if they screen the video contest finalists as they perform it.

Modest Mouse - Dashboard (Letterman appearance)





THE CURE
I was listening The Cure the entire weekend a few weeks ago. When I mentioned this to one of my friends, he asked "why? were you depressed or something?" Too funny. They are the OG emo band.

Letter to Elise


The Cure - Lovesong


More for your aural pleasure:
Boys Don't Cry

The Cure makes everything better- These songs crack me up! Loving it.
The Cure vs. Justin Timberlake- Lullaby Love
The Cure vs. TLC - Scrub Close to Me
I thought of posting the Eminem vs. The Cure - Friday I'm superman, but it would have changed the way I saw/heard "Friday I'm in Love" forever.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Oooh! Jealous! Have fun. I love going to concerts. The Cure is one of my fave bands ever.