Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bay to Breakers: Halloween in May

The more time I spend in the Bay Area, the more I think that I should live there. This time, I fell in love with the City of San Francisco. I ran the 12k Bay to Breakers run today and boy was it awesome. Not only did i get to see a lot of SF, I got a feel for the crazy people who live in/near it. They don't take themselves too seriously and really like to have a good time. Here are some snapshots of the festivities:


My friend C and I decided to make scavenger hunt lists for each other to keep the race interesting. It was too crowded and hectic to try to run the race for time, so we jogged it for a friendly competition (prize: bragging rights). We ended up in a tie.



Before the start of the race. Everyone is so jazzed. Bouncing beach balls and flying tortillas everywhere!



Me and C. I'm not sure why I look so lop-sided in this picture.



Me as Garbage Pail Kid Hairy Cary. This was a photo cut out thing that I saw during the race. I stopped to get a photo.

Almost everyone was in a costume. I saw Viking ships, the Running of the Bulls, Team Zissou from the Life Aquatic, Indiana Jones and the villain from the Temple of Doom and...

Plenty of people in their birthday suits.



So many people running in such a beautiful day.


The swimmer is male.



Promoting organ donation.



Disney princesses gone wild! If I wasn't abstaining from alcohol, I totally would have asked to partake in that sangria. Mmm.



Sushi!



There was music and bands everywhere. People blasted music from their homes and from their cars parked along the route. So much more energy and enthusiasm than any Rock n Roll marathon!



This kid didn't run/walk. He was just hanging out with his mom, handing out high-fives. Cute, eh?





After the finish line, we headed to the Ferry building for lunch.


(I'd be broke.) Do I really whine that much? Only when I'm not fed.

1 comment:

Wil C said...

I have a no whining policy also. $6 charge and a flick on the forehead for whining.

Who says you have chicken legs?