Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 9: Feenin' for Facebook

I wanted to log on so badly today. What was life like before I had a Facebook home page with notifications about everyone? I know I exist outside of my FB account, but what about everyone else? What is my brother who is stationed overseas up to today? Did he remember to wish our other brother a happy birthday? Oh wait. I think that's what email is for. What about that distant acquaintance that was part of my performance art group? What is her witty and clever self up to in Scotland? See? Why do I need to know that? I don't. Especially when I should be doing other productive things like writing Chemistry lab reports, catching up with my pregnant BFF, or knitting.

At least I remembered a few important birthdays without needing a birthday reminder. Dementia and serious memory loss have not set in yet, though on some days I wish I could convincingly plead old age. That way I can be excused for my crabbiness and irritability. Although.... I think that men get a better deal. Mean old men are still charming in a way. LIke, "Ha! It's so awesome how Old Man Wilson cusses everyone out for no reason." Old women are expected to be sweet and grandmotherly. Otherwise, she's just the bitchy old hag with too many cats or something.

Ok. enough with my rant. Maybe I just need good conversation and human contact.

No comments: