Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Freshly manicured nails




My nails were long so it was time to visit my Grandma and give her a manicure. I'm not a professional manicurist, but I do a good job. I was just reflecting about our hands when I took this picture. My grandma has done so many kickass things with those hands. Before the fall of Saigon, she sewed her brother's US address into the clothing of all her husband, 7 adult kids, 2-5 grandkids, sons and daughters-in-law, etc so that they would be able to reunite... who knew where each person would end up. In 1989, she scattered her husband's ashes near sacred grounds in India, as he requested. She used to knit me sweaters when I was a kid-- there was one that was read and white with strawberry buttons that I loved. We are the same Chinese zodiac sign. I can only hope my hands will be able to accomplish a lifetime's worth of awesomeness.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Awww...that's a great story about your grandma!