Friday, November 23, 2007

Cook an entire holiday meal, check.


This was my vegan/vegetarian version of a turkey. Stuffed Kabocha (Japanese pumpkin).


Soy-brined citrus turkey. It turned out a little undercooked, but delicious after 45 more minutes in the oven. Yay. Turkey for days! Turkey porridge, turkey sandwiches, turkey salads.


Apple-chestnut/walnut stuffing. I made it with a mix of whole wheat and challah breads. It was great.


Mashed potatoes and gravy (neither from a powder mix), and buttery Brussel sprouts with pine nuts.


Vegetable ratatouille (not a winner), mushroom couscous.

I did not have the time or energy to get the apple pie out for Thanksgiving Dinner, and I was relieved when my cousin came bearing a pumpkin pie for dessert! Heroism is still appreciated even if it is unintentional.

No comments: