Monday, June 3, 2013

Elephants

If the elephants have past lives / Yet are destined to always remember / It's no wonder how they scream / Like you and I they must have some temper / And I am dreaming of them on the plains / Dirtying up their beds / Watching for some sign of rain / To cool their hot heads / And how dare that you send me that card / When I'm doing all that I can do / You are forcing me to remember / When all I want is to just forget you / If the tiger shall protect her young / Then tell me how did you slip by / All my instincts have failed me for once / I must have somehow slept the whole night / And I am dreaming of them with their kill / Tearing it all apart / Blood dripping from their lips / And teeth sinking into heart / And how dare that you say you will call / When you know I need some peace of mind / If you had to take sides with the animals / Won't you do it with one who is kind? / If the hawks in the trees need the dead / If you're living you don't stand a chance / For a time though you share the same bed / There are only two ends to this dance / You can flee with your wounds just in time / Or lie there as he feeds / Watching yourself ripped to shreds / Laughing at as you bleed / So for those of you falling in love / Keep it kind, keep it good, keep it right / Throw yourself in the midst of danger / But keep one eye open at night / RACHAEL YAMAGATA - ELEPHANTS

No comments: