Sunday, August 30, 2009

Shockable rhythm detected

Have you ever wondered what physically happens to your heart when love leaves? Or dies? A life lost or lost love injures, hurts, and leaves a mark. I recently heard a story about a woman whose boyfriend went into cardiac arrest and died right before her eyes. I instantly put myself in her shoes, helplessly watching the one who owns your heart leave, never to return. It would not be right to compare her heartbreak to what I've experienced in my life, but I have felt loss. It almost feels like my heart has stopped. Who knows if I will ever find the jolt I need to get it working again.

The heart remembers everything. What does my EKG say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some says that the heart is like a sponge taking in the good and the bad. This is agreeable to a point, but what one must remember is that a sponge can be cleansed by rinsing. Hot or cold water depends on the filth... just know that love and the heart do find healing even from a flatlined EKG; trust me I know. :)