Sunday, December 9, 2007

I'm a terrible person!

I needed butter for apple pie so I roller-bladed to 99 ranch. And I didn't take off my wheels upon entering the store!

Making my way toward the store, I had doubts about whether I had the guts to pull it off. I told myself that if there was a sign in the door, I will follow and take off the skates. Gasp! No sign in the door.

Entre-moi. I tried to move as slowly and inconspicuously as possible as I made my way toward the butter. I startled a few patrons, whom were mostly Asian/Chinese. Most of the people who really noticed were little kids whose faces lit up with something of mixture of amazement and jealousy.

As I waited in the long Sunday lines I started thinking about possible consequences of my actions. Did I make any marks on the fancy floor? Did I give a hoodlum an idea for a quick getaway after a five-finger shopping spree? What if I was wearing heelies instead--would I feel as weird? If I saw someone wheeling herself around the store, how would would it affect my shopping experience? What if everyone had these on? It would be a nightmare. My heart was beating faster standing in line than it did while blading up the hill.

I realize this was not the worst thing I could do. At least I have good balance and control on my skates. But I really do feel bad. Let's hope there are people who are not as crazy, brazen, anti-car, pro-fitness, idiotic as I am. There's a tiny part of me that wants to do it again, so I'm thinking I'll write a letter to the store asking them to put up a sign prohibiting skates/boards.

2 comments:

soyatheme said...

good one!

the world needs more terrible acts

Jeannie said...

No you're not, that is so awesome!