Wednesday, April 9, 2008

the sexiest place on the planet

artist's studio, cu chi, vietnam


This is the studio of the production designer of The Rebel. Something about the architecture and layout emanates sensuality...reminds me of old kung fu movies, but with a rustic twist. (above: bathroom, where the shower could make you feel like you are bathing in a waterfall. below: bed--complete with mosquito net; front entry way.) You should see it all in the moonlight!







Same artist, different location, different day/time. This is a doorway leading to a waiting/meeting room and office.



Must have been the time of night (like 2am), but I was so snap-happy. I don't think I've seen any design like this without it appearing too Orientalist or kitschy. I was told a lot of the wood used in the office's design came from old railroad ties--even sexier! If I ever win some sort of jackpot, I am flying the designer out and having him design my house. No doubt.

No comments: