Monday, November 19, 2007

Revolving Door - This Thursday!

While my parents' house is not quite a prison (reference 1988 presidential campaign), and not quite a modern skyscraper, I would like to invite people through the figurative revolving door. I am making a Thanksgiving feast for my family in Chino Hills. And since I'm making a meat dish and dishes with onions and garlic in them, my parents will need help eating it from more than just my brothers. Even if it's just to make a plate and run or if you need a place to hang out, I'd love to see you. Starting at 4pm, stop on by if you happen to be in the area... before your next party or after your seventh Thanksgiving meal, it doesn't matter.

After Thursday, I get to cross off one more item from my List- to cook an entire holiday meal. I'm usually good in the kitchen so the food should turn out ok.

Tentative Menu
Soy Brined Citrus Turkey
Squash/Pumpkin with veggie stuffing
Vegetable Ratatouille
Brown-Butter Green Beans with Pine Nuts
Sweet Potato French Fries
Mushroom Couscous
Jasmine rice
Homemade Apple pie (yes, folks homemade)

Wines and beer
Soda


I'll make sure to have the board games out, except I think I'm missing my Scrabble set(s).

1 comment:

taberlykim said...

I have to change the Green Bean dish to Brussel Sprouts. It should still be good, but don't tell the fam!