Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Just me and My Car

Look up road conditions on I-15, check.
First road trip alone through Nevada, Utah, the corner of Idaho, Wyoming... on the way to Bozeman. I was kinda freaked out, but I'm starting to feel better about things. The mental prep was a great challenge and distraction--been needing plenty of those lately.

Pack up plenty of snacks, knitting, and trashy magazines, check. (including Men's Health--interesting read!)
I can't wait until the Trader Joe's opens in Chino Hills!

Borrow friend's GPS Navigation
The main reason I feel safer.

Search friendly places to stop, check. (Vegas, Provo, West Yellowstone)
I've picked tourist cities and a university town that have high chances or having ever seen an Asian person... and people who may be friendly to a non-in-state resident.

Told about a dozen people that I'd call them from the road.
If you get a call from me, thanks in advance for answering or receiving the text. That way, if something happens to me, at least one person will be able to track the last place I stopped.

Said I love you to the people I love.
Very important.

No comments: