Sunday, June 8, 2008

Eureka!

I spent a lovely hour this Sunday morning at a local store that sells yoga clothing. They offer free yoga classes every Sunday morning. Some of the women in this class had super amazing yoga skills: headstands and other balancing asanas/poses. So impressive. Part of me knows that they could have been planted by the store to inspire us novices to get more into it and in turn buy their clothes... so, in sum, it worked. I didn't buy anything yet, but I want to get back into a regular yoga routine.

Finally! Some centeredness in this crazy existence I have been leading for the past few months. Trying to get a job, getting my courses all planned out, my career path paved, bills paid, while staying emotionally, physically, and mentally healthy has been taxing. I finally got relief in the hour at yoga. It's been about 4-5 years since I was in a yoga class that helped me feel this way: focused, centered and in tune with myself and the world. Now I can start processing all the thoughts that have been floating around in my head. #1 thing to remember: breathe.

Though it will take some time to completely get on the ball, this morning was an awesome start.

No comments: