Monday, December 17, 2007

SAF, 28

Holy crap. Today I learned that my parents have been arranging a meeting between me and a guy they never met, but heard something about through Aunties. Ugh. For all I know the only thing we have in common is that we are single and have parents who wish they were [legitimate] grandparents. Luckily I will be driving back from Vegas when the scheduled meeting is supposed to occur.

The thought nauseates me. Though I admit that I have similar concerns for myself, it's weird and downright wacky for my parents to think that by the time I want a family I won't be able to find anyone. I've got what... 5 years? I'm smart, charming, and some may say I'm not bad on the eyes. I'm most afraid that in their desperation for me to not turn out like my 47-year old unmarried aunt, they will choose the most repulsive Vietnamese American men out there for me to meet. That, and that my parents will never have faith that I know what I'm doing with my life. I'm putting myself on the Nursing train, not planning to get off for another 2 years, and they don't understand that I'm not ready for a new relationship. If I need help, I'll ask.

Besides, I haven't even made enough of a dent in my List.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeannie said...

Parents always think they know what's the best for us. I've learned to just pretend to go along but to do my own thing.