Sunday, December 9, 2007

Finding things



I found my rollerblades. The adventures continue: I huffed and puffed up the hill near my house to capture a picture of a mini-goal for the season:



(It's not as majestic in the photo as it was when I saw it in the light of dawn.) Goal: I must make it to the mountain this season. Even though this is a picture of/near Mt. Baldy, any mountain will do. I am going to attempt to land several jumps. Hopefully I will not have to go alone in case I break a bone and can't drive home.


Sidebar:
In high school I had this fantasy of riding a motorcycle (a sporty one, not a Harley) and beating the boys when I raced them. They'd think they were racing a really hard-core dude, but after they crossed the finish line dejected and defeated, I'd pull off my helmet, release my long wavy raven locks and then wink at them just to rub it in. Funny, now, that it sounds like a scene or two from the modern Charlie's Angels movies.



I've never voiced it this way before, but I think I am still on this quest to be the most attractive tomboy I know. Here's to bending gender lines!

No comments: