Friday, May 18, 2007

100 Things I want to do before motherhood

So the right-hand side of the page is where I'm going to keep track of "the list." My friend Jeannie encouraged me to start and keep this list and the blog will help me stick to it. Lots of people have lists of things they want to do before they die--people write books about it. Like this one. And this one.

My list has a twist. It's not that my life is going to end when I have children, but it will definitely be organized differently. It also does not mean that these things must happen before I become a mother. I recognize that when I have kids, my [already existent] insticts will kick in and my life will be thrown into sort of a maternal martyrdom where I'll feel more or less guilty for indulging in selfish pleasures.

If I do not achieve some of the things on this list before Kim, Jr. comes along, it is not the end of the world. There are several things on the list that I definitely do not want to do after I have children, but most can be transferred to the "Things I want to accomplish after I retire" list.

If you haven't already guessed, I like lists.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

yay, lists! i can do some of those things with you. it's been a while since i've done a "real" thing on my list. maybe i should have made a cheaper list, hehe.