Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Goodbye Kalbi

so one of the items on the list is to re-become a vegetarian. i had been a vegetarian for a couple of years for 3 reasons, not really all the same importance and not the always the same priority at any given moment: religion, environment and health. on one day my health could have trumped the environment and on another, being a good Buddhist could have taken priority over my health and countering global warming, and so on, so forth, etc... at least it all resulted in the same outcome-- i didn't eat meat or seafood.

TODAY marks the day i start making active baby-steps toward attacking this goal on the list. no more red meat. i could have squeezed in one more shaken beef or Korean bbq dish, but if i did that i would end up giving myself extensions for years. the time is now... and it is a baby step after all.

wish me luck.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Good lucks! That's really admirable. :)

The funny thing is, I always say that I can never give up red meat...except I notice that I probably eat red meat like once a month if not less. I don't even crave it! I guess it helps that my health conscious mom does the shopping and cooking for me.

Tabitha said...

Good luck Kim!

I'm forever an omnivore but what your doing is definitely kinder - to your body and to the planet =)

Let me know if I may add you on my blog! ;-)